Protecting your privacy is paramount, which is why BLIMM is committed to adopting policies that strictly adhere to the laws regarding the processing of your personal data. Below is an overview of how BLIMM collects, processes and manages your data whenever you access and use our sites or any of our applications.
General information on privacy and data collection – the data collected
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
You have the right to information, access, correction, deletion, restriction of processing, objection to processing and data portability. If the processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw it at any time.
Right to object to data processing based on legitimate interests
Pursuant to Article 21(1) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”), you have the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of personal data relating to you when the data is processed as provided for in Article 6(1) e or Article 6(1) f of the GDPR. The same also applies to profiling. If you object, we will no longer process your personal data, except where we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for processing that override your interests, rights and freedoms or where such processing helps to enforce, exercise or defend a right in court.
Right to object to direct marketing
If we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes, pursuant to Article 21(2) of the GDPR you have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data about you carried out for such purposes, including also profiling insofar as it is related to such direct marketing.
If you object to the processing for direct marketing purposes, we will no longer process your personal data for such purposes.
Right to complain to the supervisory authority
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent data protection supervisory authority in relation to our processing of your personal data.
Processing of personal data when using the Services
We process your personal data on the legal basis of legitimate interests, except in specific circumstances where you provide your consent, where processing is necessary for a contract you have with us or where you have asked us to carry out specific actions prior to entering into a contract.
We adopt appropriate safeguards to protect your privacy and process your personal data for the following purposes:
- help you find your ideal hotel;
- help you find your cheapest flight;
- help you find the experiences that best suit your interests;
- to provide you with personalised and more relevant hotel search results;
- provide, secure, maintain and improve the Services for our users;
- develop new products and features related to hotel search and travel;
- understand how users use our Services, to improve performance and services;
- comply with legal obligations, avoid fraud, and resolve disputes;
- support law enforcement authorities in the investigation and resolution of crimes.
When you use our Services, we process the following types of personal information:
- personally identifiable information, such as names, addresses, phone numbers or email addresses;
- personal details, such as age, gender or date of birth;
- electronically identifiable data, such as IP addresses, cookies, connection times, device IDs, mobile advertising identifiers, date and time of the request for information, time and content of the request (actual page), access status code/HTTP status, amount of data transferred, website receiving the request, browser used and its version, operating system, interface and language;
- data that your browser or device makes available;
- electronic location data, such as GPS and other location data;
- data related to your interaction with our Services including the details you enter when you perform a search using our Services;
- data relating to accommodation bookings made by you, such as hotels, flights, dates and price;
- security details, such as passwords related to our Services.
When you use our Services and click on a link to an offer listed on our Services, the online booking site offering such offer may send us personal information about any subsequent reservations you make on the online booking site.
When you use our Services, we may share your personal data with the following categories of recipients:
- third party service providers who process data on our behalf, including: hosting and storage service providers, customer support services, communications services, security and fraud prevention services, payment and credit card services, analytics, advertising and marketing services. These providers have a contractual obligation not to share your personal data with third parties or use your data for any other purpose;
- third party service providers who are independent data processors, including security and fraud prevention service providers and advertising and marketing providers;
- business partners or affiliated companies with whom we jointly offer products or services. These services will be offered through our Services in conjunction with other third parties;
- third party travel suppliers such as hotels, airlines, car rentals, insurance companies, property owners, travel guides or activity providers;
- law enforcement authorities for the purpose of preventing, detecting and prosecuting unlawful activities, threats to public or government safety, and preventing threats to life; and
- as part of a corporate transaction, such as a merger, divestiture, consolidation or sale of assets.
Contact via email or contact form
When you contact us by email or through a contact form, we will store the information you provide (your email address, possibly your name and phone number) so that we can respond to your questions. To the extent that we use the contact form to request information that is not necessary to contact you, we always mark this data as optional. This information is used to provide us with context and improve the handling of your request. Your message may be linked to different types of BLIMM site usage on your part. The information collected will only be used to provide you with assistance regarding your reservation and to better understand your feedback. The provision of such information is done expressly on a voluntary basis and with your consent, pursuant to Article 6 paragraph 1a of the GDPR. Where such information relates to communication channels (such as your email address or telephone number), you also agree that, where appropriate, we may contact you via these channels in order to provide a response to your request. Of course, you may subsequently revoke this consent at any time.
We delete data collected in this context when its storage is no longer necessary or limit its processing where there are legal regulations governing its storage.
With your consent, as provided for in Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR, you can subscribe to our newsletter, thanks to which you will receive offers about our Services and from third parties.We also save the IP addresses you use and the times at which you subscribe and confirm. The purpose of this procedure is to verify your registration and, if necessary, to inform you of the possible misuse of your personal data.
The only information required to send the newsletter is your email address. Further data can be provided on a voluntary basis and will be used to contact you personally. After your confirmation, we will save your email address for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. The legal basis for the above is Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR.
You can revoke your consent to receive the newsletter at any time by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter or by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Use of social plug-ins
This website uses the provider’s social plug-ins.
These plug-ins collect your data and transmit it to the server of the respective provider. We have taken technical measures to ensure the protection of your privacy, whereby your data cannot be collected by the providers of the respective plug-ins without your consent. These will initially be deactivated when you visit a site linked to the plug-ins. The plug-ins will not be activated until you click on the respective symbol and, by doing so, consent to your data being transmitted to the respective provider. The legal basis for the use of plug-ins is Article 6, paragraph 1a of the GDPR.
Once activated, plug-ins also collect personally identifiable information, such as your IP address, and send it to the network of the respective social plug-in. Activated social plug-ins also set a cookie with a unique identifier when you visit the respective website. This allows the social plug-in network to generate profiles on user behaviour. This happens even if you are not subscribed to the social plug-in network. If you are a member of the social plug-in network and are logged into the website during your visit, data and information about your visit to the website can be linked to your profile on the social plug-in network. We have no influence on the exact extent to which data is collected by the social plug-in network. For further information on this, as well as on the nature and purpose of data processing and your rights and setting options for privacy protection, please refer to the data protection information for the respective social network provider. For this, please visit the following addresses:
Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave., Palo Alto, CA 94304, Stati Uniti.
Twitter Inc., 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, Stati Uniti.
Instagram, Facebook Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Dublino 2, Irlanda.
Responsible party for data processing
The data controller of the personal data we process is BLIMM – A. Calegari, Via Cannero 14 Milan, Italy, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact of the data protection officer
You can contact our Data Protection Officer by writing an email to email@example.com and indicating in the subject line “Privacy Query”.
Last updated: January 2021
We make your online search easier by simultaneously comparing the offers of over 700,000 hotels and 1,000 airlines across the major travel sites. BLIMM finds you the best low cost flights, the cheapest hotels and the best travel deals.